View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Here is a description of BlueCard WorldWide from a website i found called EAST COAST HEALTH INSURANCE:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_NEW.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	470

It describes the process of getting overseas coverage. One line to pay particular attention to when trying to maximize your reimbursement....

"Once you have gone through the verification and appointment setting processes, the way you receive international in-network care should be identical to how it works at home."

Frank, according to this document, it seems that the "Preferred Provider" role of Quiron Hospital perhaps does play a strong part in getting in-network coverage. The way everyone has been doing it fits the bill of "out-of-network" type transactions. Unfortunately, due to past experiences with international patients and health care, Clavel's office only accepts full payment out of pocket at this time. Maybe one day in the near future, the bugs will get worked out and the need for that will no longer be necessary.

I will be sending in this document with my papers(along with a print out of the webpage that states Quiron Hospital is a Preferred Provider and my case #), and highlighting this particular area, citing this document as a source of reference going through this process. Doing all that can be done to maximize reimbursement.

Feb. 2014 - Hybrid lumbar fusion(l5/S1), ADR(L4/L5)...2-level cervical ADR (C5/C6, C6/C7). Dr. Pablo Clavel of Quiron Hospital in Barcelona, Spain. All M6 implants (PEEK cage and plate from Medtronic at fusion level in lumbar.) SAME DAY OPERATION for both areas of the spine.