View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 06:09 PM

Yes, i didn't expect my BCBS to pick up travel expenses. Were you given a choice on the aftercare insurance from Clavel ? It was included in my quote. Posting your template would be beneficial for future posters to see....If i'm successful the first time in getting reimbursed, i also will post how i went about putting together my paperwork for others to consider. I don't feel it necessary to treat the first go-around like it's the appeal process, because what information do you have left if they turn it all down? I could be wrong.

I plan on doing what you pretty much suggest. Keep it simple, don't overwhelm them with unnecessary literature and medical history to start.

1. International claim form (Case number if it applies)
2. Brief patient history with the condition your having treated.
3. All medical reports, invoices, and itemized billing from hospital.
4. Proof of wire transfer or receipts that payment was made by you to the hospital.
5. Copy front and back of your insurance card may be optional. International claim form has a spot for you I.D number, that could be sufficient.
6. Finally, STATE YOUR CASE....In short, let them know why you did what you did. You should be able to articulate yourself to them in such a way where they know you made an informed decision based on extensive research.
This part should not be long and drawn out. Keep in a "Matter of Fact" type tone.

If there is anything else that can be added or modified, i'd like to hear it.
I'm not sure i believe including any vast medical history evidence of conservative treatments prior to, is necessary to obtain coverage. Or that you need to include multiple surgical opinions in writing...that information sounds more like "appeal process" information. The "letter of medical necessity" from your surgeon should take care of all that...it is a big part of your claim...In my talks with insurance reps, they always bring up the terms "medically necessary".

Feb. 2014 - Hybrid lumbar fusion(l5/S1), ADR(L4/L5)...2-level cervical ADR (C5/C6, C6/C7). Dr. Pablo Clavel of Quiron Hospital in Barcelona, Spain. All M6 implants (PEEK cage and plate from Medtronic at fusion level in lumbar.) SAME DAY OPERATION for both areas of the spine.