View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 06:23 PM

Some very sage advice Cynlite. I agree on all points.
Being a recovering alcoholic for a time, I avoid medicine of any types and when in GmbH I finally found out what the little pink pill was that goofed me up so bad from the one nurse that could speak the best English. My wife figured out how to split the OxyContin in half with the nail clippers and I half dosed through the night. It was still GD tough. On day 3, I was subbing extra strength Tylenol and the next day, Aleve to mix it up as my trauma unit daughter instructed me. By week two I was off pretty well everything but an occasional bedtime Advil.
I've found over the years of being off of aspirin etc that my body has an incredible tolerance and ability to quench pain should I keep it clean and exercised (sweat the toxins out). Consequently I still have €200 of OxyContin in the bathroom and a ton of muscle relaxants and ibuprofen.
I've found the most natural works for me and exercise is my addiction now and learning to quit the 'white' food/toxins including sugar.....not an easy task for an ex-drunk.