View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 11:03 AM

Default Strong Opinions

Thank you all for providing several views on my situation and your own personal experiences. I spent my whole life never taking anything stronger than Alleve or Omeprazole (acid reflux)

I have researched a lot about Tramadol. For 2 months I have monitored my liver enzymes, documented my behavior (cloudy, bad judgement, forgetful, etc), and I have not noticed any adverse affects.

I have never tried illegal or recreational drugs, I stopped 99% of my alcohol consumption when placed on Tramadol. I have always viewed my body as a temple. At 40 years old I was in the best shape of my life. The back pain was present but not controlling.

I'd rather hold off and deal with the consequences of Tramadol side-affects and be "mostly" pain free, then the multitude of issues that result after ADR surgery, especially in the lumbar area. Not to mention, the low percentage of patients who return to a normal life after single level. That is a controversial statement based on all the different studies and what one determines normal. I'll take a 75-80% quality of life now, rather than gamble on something a little higher post surgery.

Surgery is not an "if"... I know it has become a "when" for me. Maybe I can hold off until the next decade with 3-D printed customized prosthesis can be bought at Walgreens

Thank you for all your well documented views and thank you for sharing.

Jim
ADR insurance appeal won in 2013, delayed surgery
2016 pain is now affecting quality of life. Contemplating ADR surgery again.

2016 delayed surgery again due to successful pain management with meds.