View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 06:11 PM

Flying is brutal, no doubt. I cross my fingers for no turbulence and stand most of the flight. Take pain meds preventatively vs waiting for things to climb. Then If there is turbulence, more pain meds.

I encourage you to look closely at the research on sitting outcomes. My surgeon warned me that sittin issues are the most resistant to surgical treatment (leg pain and walking improvements much easier). Sadly in my case, although my sitting did improve, it is still unacceptable... I know I'm more rare,
However. There are lots of success stories on here.

If it is possible at all, I suggest trying to decrease the time you spend in bed.
If you are at 20hrs, try for 19.5. Take meds to start a physio program so that you can go into surgery a bit stronger.

Good luck.
Severe issues 2013. degenerative disc disease 2013, disc protrusion, mild stenosis. Epidural steroid injections, chiro, massage, accupuncture, too many meds to list, Naturopath, physio, occupational therapy, kinesiologist, counselling...
M6 Artificial disc replacement @l5-s1 Nov 2015, in Canada
June 2016 - still struggling...Physio, accupuncture, massage, counselling...

Last edited by Disc replacement 2015; 11-21-2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Autocorrect