View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02 AM

hi jjames,

sorry for the battle w/FDA approvals.

i would recommend contacting Synthes, the manufacturers of Prodisc, if you have not already re: anticipated FDA approval of two-level lumbar Prodisc, http://www.synthes.com/html/. I've spoken w/them pre- and post-op and they are very helpful.

Dr. Yue should be able to give you the inside scoop as well. Is Dr. Yue still participating in the Activ-L trial? If so, sometimes doctors in the trials can petition the FDA for a compassionate exemption (or something like that) for two-level cases.

Would your insurance pay for one-level Prodisc as part of a hybrid operation (w/a fusion)?

if i remember correctly, there is a guy on this forum that recently had a 4-level lumbar Prodisc w/Dr. Yue... i can't remember his name, but i'm sure Dr. Yue would... wonder how he made that happen?!

Best of luck,
Liz
2009 L4-5 Prodisc ADR removed and revised to XLIF w/posterior instrumentation
massive hemorrhage from tear of inferior vena cava at right iliac vein due to adhesion from Prodisc op
2010 not fused; as a result of complications permanent nerve damage to lumbar plexus causing severe rt leg, hip, groin pain