View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM

Default Thanks for the reply, Liz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
hi jjames,

sorry for the battle w/FDA approvals.

i would recommend contacting Synthes, the manufacturers of Prodisc, if you have not already re: anticipated FDA approval of two-level lumbar Prodisc, http://www.synthes.com/html/. I've spoken w/them pre- and post-op and they are very helpful.

Dr. Yue should be able to give you the inside scoop as well. Is Dr. Yue still participating in the Activ-L trial? If so, sometimes doctors in the trials can petition the FDA for a compassionate exemption (or something like that) for two-level cases.

Would your insurance pay for one-level Prodisc as part of a hybrid operation (w/a fusion)?

if i remember correctly, there is a guy on this forum that recently had a 4-level lumbar Prodisc w/Dr. Yue... i can't remember his name, but i'm sure Dr. Yue would... wonder how he made that happen?!

Best of luck,
Liz
Thank you for your response, Liz. My wife has been in almost constant contact with someone at Synthes ever since Dr. Yue informed us of my best surgical option (in his opinion) and we were denied by my medical insurance. Dr. Yue seems to me to have moved away from the Activ-L and is strongly urging me to go with ProDisc.

I do not know if my med ins would pay for the hybrid operation, but I also don't think it is in my best interest - the fusion part concerns me greatly.

Perhaps all the battles with the ins companies have taken their toll on Dr. Yue, but he really gives me the impression that I must either wait for my medical insurance to pay or I need to show up at his office with a briefcase full of cash!
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....