View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Unhappy New to ADR Support

I am looking for information re; Neurosurgeons and ADR in the Phoenix, AZ area. I am ready to admit that I need surgery and would rather have an ADR instead of fusion.

I have researched the advantages and disadvantages of fusion vs. ADR. As far as I know, I have one level at c6/c7 that needs surgery. I have had every possible non-invasive procedure (epidurals, acupuncture, traction, RFA, medial branch blocks, chiropractic) and am starting to not get relief. The past year has been really bad and my pain level is at a 6 to 7 average and with migraines it shoots up to a 9.

I am on Lyrica and take muscle relaxers to maintain my life of going to work and take care of a family. Without medication I don't think I would be able to do it, which scares me.

I have been diagnosed with disc degeneration disease and have C3/c4 herniation along with a disc in my lower back (I forgot which disc). These discs are not bad enough for surgery, thankfully.

I just want to get back to normal, whatever that is. At this point, I feel like a zombie walking through life and not living my life. I have missed the last year being in pain and on medication that makes my mind numb.

Can anybody give me advice on where to start and what questions to ask when searching for a Neurosurgeon and what ADR device to have implanted in my body.

Thank you in advance!
2010 & 2013 - RFA at facet joints