View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 09:54 AM

Maddie,

What happened to you I think is fairly typical. Some medical professionals do not want to listen until you get proactive.
I am glad that it looks like MS is ruled out.
I see that it says in your signature that you have a consult in New York. Is that Dr. Bitan?
From your signature, it sounds like your top priority is your cervical spine. This is because it says that your cord is being compressed?
Your signature also says that you have significant hypertrophy in the lumbar spine. That usually rules out an ADR because it is known that ADR can put pressure on the facet joints and can lead to facet joint problems and symptioms. Since ADR preserves motion, that movement can lead to advanced deterioration of the facets, especially when there is more than minimal hypertrophy of the facet joints.
Fusion fuses the bone there and the facet joints are taken out of the equation, so to speak.

Harrrison, you can correct me is I am wrong. This is the simpliest way I know how to explain it.

We have a saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, which is kind of what you have become, a squeaky wheel. That is good. I would continue to ask questions of the doctors you see and not just accept what they say without getting all your concerns addressed.

I wish you the best.

Kimmers