Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 11:39 AM

Before you go, if you go, and I hope you don't, I will address the substantive issue that apparently started all this.

I spoke with Dr Clavel this past Thursday as my 3 month followup. Of course I put this issue to him again. I mentioned that I heard that a surgeon who generally favors pro disc might be coming out with an article discussing numerous failures of M6.

Clavel is a smart guy, with a good memory. He immediately shot back that he recalled that I grilled him on the prior published article (I kind of waived it in his face prior to surgery...but I guess he knew I was still going through with it..since I was there) and he still says that he has not seen large number of failures. He said this, having just returned from some kind of world spine conference. He looks forward to reading any new studies and that, again, proper candidate selection and proper implantation technique are key elements.

...so who knows? but I did follow up with him, and as we all know, every device has pluses and minuses. Likely to be true for new devices coming to market also.
C5-C6:Moderate disc osteophytes. Mild-moderate canal stenosis. Moderate-severe bilateral foraminal stenosis.
C6-C-7:Mild-moderate disc osteophytes. Mild canal stenosis. Moderate left and moderate-severe right foraminal stenosis.
June 29,2016-3 level M6 (C4-C7) Dr. Clavel Barcelona