View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 10:54 PM

Helen, Glad to be of help. We are all here together with a common bond. You will soon be on this side sharing your experience as well. I'm happy to hear that you are already getting prompt feedback from Dr. Bierstedt's office. The bone density test may be important, but he will also make that assessment during surgery as well (this is what he had done in my case, and I was pleased to find that he felt my bones were still in great condition - in spite of the grinding of the degenerative levels. I had a hard time trying to find a metal test, but Dr. Bierstedt didn't feel it was of dire necessity. I think it is important though for your own piece of mind.

I did have vertigo for about a year. I've had some of the strangest symptoms that may or may not have been a result of my neck injury. My ability to last for five years with my degenerative discs was the same as yours. I would have good days and feel "almost normal," but then I would do a little yard work, vacuum, or reach for something in my upper cabinets - and that would be the end of me for nearly a week. I could deal with the muscle and nerve pain throughout my extremities, but then a dull headache would turn into a monstrous migraine - my last one was so severe that my family thought I was having a stroke.

I have to laugh (sorry) about breaking dishes. I thought I was being a "clutz" but really it had to do with weakness and spasm in my hands (unbeknownst to me). I will be getting new dishes very soon - as I won't be breaking any - anymore.
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6