View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 01:55 AM

Default Jeremy New member

Hi Everyone,
I just became aware of ADR surgery last June 2015 and I found ADRsupport.org around the same time. For several years I thought my only option was posterior fusion.
Thank you Richard for this site and to all of you who post information, I learn something new every time I visit here.
45 years old. Several years of weight lifting caused DDD to L4, L5-S1, since 2005. My MRI last month July 2015 report is:
L2-3: Unremarkable.
L3-4: Unremarkable.
L4-5: Mild spinal canal narrowing is noted due to bulging disc and facet Joint hypertrophy.
L5-S1: Mild spinal canal narrowing is noted due to focal central disc protrusion and facet joint hypertrophy.
According to the MRI it looks like L5-S1 disc is significantly flat and without much light in the disc which shows moisture. Pain is very distracting at times, mostly to left lower back and radiates down left leg. I have only talked with my primary care doctor, recommended aggressive physical therapy. Unfortunately I am about seven years beyond that stage.
Looking at ADR options.
Jeremy
2010–Last straw, moving furniture, severe lower left back muscle spasms the next day. MRI. Tried decompression and physical therapy-no help.
2015–MRI-L4-5: Mild spinal canal narrowing is noted due to bulging disc and facet joint hypertrophy. L5-S1: Mild spinal canal narrowing is noted due to focal central disc protrusion and facet joint hypertrophy.