View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:02 AM

Talking

Sorry for the delay, I received my prestige TDR C6-C7 at Walter Reed on September 16th, 2010, they were wonderful... I think I am doing really well, have great mobility as far as I will push anyway.. My voice is no where near normal but slowly its coming back....I was able to eat 3 hours after surgery without a problem but kinda weird because I do still choke a lil on fluids but not food.... The strength to my right arm vastly increased post op (I could actually twist off a bottle top) right after....I cannot be honest on my pain levels because my doctors know I am a lil on the wimpy side and have a huge aversion to pain after suffering for so long..... so the most pain I get are some very mild headaches and stiffness but I must be honest because I DO take my medications so I have not yet tested the "weaning" off..My docs have me on Robaxin, Percocet, Motrin, Cymbalta, and if I do get any severe muscle spasms I have Valium on hand (which I have had to take 3-4 times)....So I think I am doing really well.....I dont know if its common but I am fearful of self weaning because my pain is under control and in the past if I let it go the pain is pretty much impossible to get back under control with the daily routine meds and I hate having fight to get my pain back under control, if this makes sense to anyone? Any advice is welcome :-) Thanks...SO FAR AN AWESOME OUTCOME!!!!!