View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 03:50 AM

Dear Cathy,

I have to admit that I have not been brave enough to open your thread, even to pass on my condolences. You see, I lost my little terrier almost three years ago, and even though I have a new dog, it just isn't the same. Truth is, I knew I would melt down when I read your post, so avoided it till now. I'm so sorry.

There are still times when I think I hear his little quick footsteps behind me, as he was my shadow. He was a JR/Pom X, with short hair, so looked a little like your guy might, as I have imagined him.

Would it help it you shared some pictures of him? I would love to see him.

I ended up getting a bigger dog as we have a farm, and my husband prefers that size. But I still miss my smaller companion and my veterinarian friend suggested I get a Papillion, a big dog in a small body, but without the excess energy of a JRT. My little guy didn't inherit that not so desirable trait, thankfully. I think I'll have to get better before my dear husband is overwhelmed with two dogs, as we have a lot of other animals as well. So I may have to work on this as a longer term project.

Would looking for another feel right yet? They can never, ever be replaced, but it does help fill the awful hole you have in your heart. (At least it did for me.) I hope it may help you, especially when you could still use a special helper like so many of us in these situations.

Lots of hugs, and I'm glad you found some comforting words for his box. Again, I apologize for taking so long to respond.

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.