View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 11:44 AM

Thought this information might be helpful since you are in the information gathering stage again. After reading your posts, it seems you are appealing and planning on having surgery in Georgia. If that is the case, there are two other members here who had surgery in Georgia. Unfortunately, they did not give the name of their surgeon which is typical for U.S. based members. (I sure wish people would share that information because that is the most important decision when it comes to having surgery and others can benefit from that knowledge.) One is 'CMAC" who had surgery May 2008, Prodisc-C. My notes say that surgery did not turn out so well. The other is "BLOODHOUND1" who had surgery in May 2014, Prodisc-L and he reported doing pretty good after six months. If you send them a PM, perhaps you can find out who their surgeons were. You can use the search feature to read their stories if you are so inclined.

All the data I gathered was from last summer and back to the beginning of the board for cervical patients. I think that most of the people that posted who had the Prodisc-C were mostly earlier on and before the Prodisc-C Nova came out. So, I don't think I have enough data on the Nova to share outcomes from the board on it. Some here like the fact the the Prodisc has less parts than the M6 so, theoretically, there are less places for biofilms to gather. It has titanium end plates which is good. So does the M6. Given a choice if staying in the U.S., I would prefer the Mobi-C because it doesn't have the big keel design that the Prodisc has but, it is not made out of titanium so, was not a possibility for me. It is referred to as a bone saving device by Dr. Zeegers. Metal allergies are rare but, were a problem for me so, I had to stay with a titanium device.

Good luck with your appeal. I'm sure sorry the insurance company held you up at the last minute.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016