Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 12:40 AM

Default Intro

Hi! I'm Liz. My husband is Rusty, and he's the one in pain.
He's been in pain for almost 5 years now, following an MVA (he was thrown out of the car during a wreck on the interstate), and was finally diagnosed Friday (19th) after about a month of severe, unbearable pain. He was seeing a chiropractor for treatment when the pain became dehibilitating. We have wondered if the chiropractor was just a coincidence. He has a ruptured disc at C 6/7. We were told the only option was fusion, and we trusted the doctor so he has a scheduled surgery for Tues. the 23rd. It really seems scary now that it has finally sunk in.
After A LOT of research this weekend, we've decided that we want to try to get approved for the Prestige disc replacement. Our only concern is we are afraid that his insurance won't cover it. We are both college students, and he is carrying Individual Blue by BCBS of Alabama. I've read in the posts that BCBS AL is covering the lumbar replacement discs on case by case basis.
We have our fingers crossed and are hoping that tomorrow we get some good news from a few doctors in Birmingham or Huntsville.
Just wanted to introduce ourselves and find out if anyone knows anything about his particular insurance. I'm really excited about the support we have found here!!

Liz n Rus