View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 12:36 AM

Welcome!

Well, I was in a similar boat and went to Dr. Clavel in Barcelona. He's really good at diagnosing and fixing the cervical spine. He's my recommendation for out of country. I've written a lot about him so, read my threads if you are interested.

I guess it depends on if you want a multi level ADR which IMO is ideal over a hybrid here in the states. However, you can't get a three level ADR surgery in the U.S. (I can't tell if you need 3 or 4 ADRs from your description. It does look complicated.)

Does your insurance have any coverage for going out of country?

I'm not an advocate for fusion if it can be avoided for several reasons. It is a harder surgery to recover from, there is a risk the body won't fuse so, then you have to have surgery again, and there is a higher risk of further degeneration to the adjacent discs once you fuse.

Dr. Blumenthal at TBI comes recommended on this board.

Good luck!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016