View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Thx you guys for helping with the posts -- I have shared this topic with tech support at Hostcentric, as well as their VP of Customer Service, who left me voicemail explaining that there is no problem with our site. He then explained he was leaving for vacation for 2 weeks.

Despite this maddening treatment, a helpful engineer called me back (thx Drag), and I also found a helpful tech support manager (thx Melanie) that also took ownership of these problems. It took 25 days to get to the helpful people that I pray will resolve the problem.

Funding...is it a problem? If I had a million dollars, these problems may or may not happen. I would opt for what is called "dedicated" hosting, which may solve SOME of these problems. I would like to have more $ to pay for these services, but I am not convinced it will prevent these issues. And by the way, I worked in the "high end" hosting industry.

All donations will help, and will pay for hosting and tech support functions. Everything that may be extra (we are not there yet) would go to the webmaster, Moki. I've only given him Amazon.com certificates on occasion.

I don't like to ask patients for donations, as many are cash-strapped. I feel a mix of feelings when I get donations from people that I know can not afford it, because they do not have enough $ for the operation -- because their stupid insurance company is rationing health care!

Any way, I'll stop ranting. Thx for your patience, I believe a reliable web site is coming soon...
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate