View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 AM

Default Zenmunk

Hey Zenmunk I understand your considerations. In my opinion Clavel and Bierstedt seem to really be dead even. During my research though I was never able to find out how many surgeries Clavel performs a day and how long he takes for each surgery.

I think you are prob safe with either Dr but I would just find out the above info first. As far as appearances on their websites Clavel's hospital looked a little more upscale but that's hard to say without being there. The hospital I used with Bierstedt though was by no means a clinic. It's a five story hospital with a large hospital staff. My only complaint was the food wasn't exactly the best as their wasn't enough protein for breakfast or dinner. But that could be by design because too much protein after surgery can back you up which does cause more pain at the incision site. I just had my support partner do food runs for me down at the cafeteria for extra protein. I had a two lumbar level which took a little over two hours. Good luck with your decision. I know it's hard to trust people's motives on this site. I was the same way but keep digging. Another good idea is to check google in the specific country to see what the locals are saying about each doctor. Then see if you can find someone to translate. I know it's a lot of work but you only have one back and you sure don't want to have it done again.
2013 sent med records to Dr Bierstedt. Suggests M6 ADR on L-4 to S-1. Had to medically retire as a detective which was very hard to do. City I work for will only approve fusion or hybrid under work comp for two level.
2013 Aug 27th surgery date with Bierstedt. (Had to pull the trigger) M-6 disks on L4-S1