View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
All I know is that he used Ethicon (bone wax) on my two M6-C's four years ago and my most recent CT scan (today) shows no signs of autofusion or bone spurs.
Did you have any bony osteophytes removed during your ADR cervical procedure? That's very encouraging Jeff. All this HO talk in the cervical with being a hybrid leaves me wondering which way to turn. His dosage recommendation over the 3 weeks was 600mg ibuprofen, 3 times a day. That to me seems excessive doesn't it, with the risk of stomach bleeding and all? I thought about dropping that to 2 times a day at 600mg for 2 weeks instead of 3, since they already injected me with Ibuprofen's cousin for 4 days post op. That's kind of playing doctor, but i could tell when he gave me his recommendation, he was basically shooting from the hip and threw those numbers out there to give me peace of mind more than anything. There really should be a set dosage rate with those who have to deal with both fusions and ADRs combined.

Nice to know that despite your lack of NSAID use post-op, your neck looks to be in the clear. Magical bone wax??

Feb. 2014 - Hybrid lumbar fusion(l5/S1), ADR(L4/L5)...2-level cervical ADR (C5/C6, C6/C7). Dr. Pablo Clavel of Quiron Hospital in Barcelona, Spain. All M6 implants (PEEK cage and plate from Medtronic at fusion level in lumbar.) SAME DAY OPERATION for both areas of the spine.