View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:29 AM

CindyLou:

Being an impartial, hostile against insurance providers (they provide money to their shareholders) type person, I can say things that you may not be able to. Take www.healthpartners .com insurance, which is indicative of the managed care industry that, unfortunately, started out in Minnesota. Group Health, HealthPartners, Metopolitan Clininc of Counseling (MCC), Share, etc. are managed care industries that operated as for profit organizations. Denying care is what they do best. They deny Substance Abuse and mental health treatment like it's going out of style.

CindyLou----If your husband is in management and that high up in the company, someone can call and have them review your file to determine medical necessity. Mine got denied twice and I signed an agreement that wiped out the lien Blue Cross had against my lawsuit by agreeing to not appeal my denial. The insurance salesperson who sells us our Blue Cross insurance for our company is on our board of directors and made the call on my behalf to have them review my case. They paid it in full.

Someone from your husband's upper management can call and threaten to send the company's business elsewhere if there is an unfavorable outcome from the insurance. If the company is self-insured like you say, they should be taking care of their own.

All-in-all my humble and non-biased opinion.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5