View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozphysician View Post
Hi Futurerobot

It's a fair point and that's where Im at right now. My life has been seriously modified and at 45 years old I think I should be doing more but perhaps Im greedy. The risks [as with any surgery] are high and I could end up worse off. That has probably kept me from doing anything just yet. I must admit as a doctor I have seen patient scans far worse than mine who are asymptomatic, in fact I had a patient who's scans I kept on file that showed severe facet arthritis with encroachment into the foraminal space, three severely narrowed and dessicated disks and he could perform full flexion and extension pain free ! His pain was from an aneurysm pressing on the vagus nerve, hence the scan

Being a doctor I look at my scans and start freaking out - doctors make the worst patients
Believe me, I start freaking out when I think of this stuff too. I'm getting my MRI early May and I'm already getting anxiety attacks at night. I'm 33. I also realize that most of the people on here (you can look at past stories) were barely able to walk for more than 10 minutes and were in utter agony when they decided to bite the bullet. I like to tell myself that we are a ways out from that.

We probably are very similar in that we are just preparing for the worst; it's how we cope with the trauma and having our future in jeopardy. I applaud you for the research though, as having a plan is always a good thing. You never know when the spine is just gonna give out. Until then, keep strengthening, doing planks, stretching. I've been doing Foundation Training and it's helped tremendously for the back pain...the foot stuff, ehhh, my cause for panic.