View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaseonlife View Post
I was quoted close to $75K for my procedures here in the states. AIMIS quoted me 30,000 Euros (about $38,000)! It included meals and 5 star hotel stay for me and my husband too. I couldn't believe the price difference.

Also, we were going to bring our 8 year old daughter to Cyprus with us. It wasn't an issue with AIMIS at all. For schooling reasons, we decided to leave our daughter here with her grandparents. The patient director was disappointed not to get to meet her.
When we were looking at AIMIS I was delighted to find out that they have activities for the kids at the hotel. Including archery! They have a whole are designed for kids! (And babysitters, that, I believe, are part of the package.) AND, when I asked Claire (FABULOUS woman, BTW, I am SO bummed that I don't get to meet her!) if BMX was popular over there (my son is a BMX'er) she even offered to find a BMX bike on the island for my son to use because she didn't expect us to bring his bike with us! It is the norm for BMX'ers all over the world to travel WITH their bikes, but she didn't know that, and I just thought she was so wonderful to offer to find one.

BTW, if anyone else is traveling with a child (or an adult) who is a BMX'er, Barcelona is the BMX capital of the world! My son is getting a BMX trip his friends over in the states only DREAM of. It is said if you can only travel to one city to BMX, you want that to be Barcelona.

I think on a whole Europe is far more friendly to families than the US.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.