View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 10:34 PM

wow, I'm a little offended and it sure is easy to say all this when you're on the other side I guess. This is too important of an issue for us to fight each other over our politics.

I happen to like his prior docs and yes I'm a liberal democrat and so are many litigators... but I understand not everyone agress with his politics. But any press is good press...I don't care where it comes from if it puts the heat on the Insurance Industry.

Please don't judge this Moore project until you see it. The best thing about Moore is that he opens up controversial diagalogue. Nothing wrong with that.

Oprah does TONS of things to help people. Do you actually watch her shows? And this seems to be the year of medical issues. Something I welcome! Especially with her support of Barak as a presidential candidate.

I am pretty sure if there was a class action to be made...it would be a whole lot easier with national attention from Oprah because all the news stations would follow.

If an attorney takes this case...it will not be out of the goodness of his/her heart and bankroll..he/she will expect a huge fee, and even on contigency you still have to pay for costs to fight the good fight, up front...experts are VERY expensive...depositions are expensive, investigators are expensive...this stuff is not on contingency. Any attorney taking a case like this will be seeking a lot of media attn...and would welcome attention from the Oprah show and Moore. Plus what are the real damages for an attorney to make money on a case unless the laws change. Given the status of the Supreme Court and recent rulings re ERISA it's an uphill battle and we need all the ammunition we can get.

Putting the heat on an election year could be perfect timing.

Besides, how on earth would Oprah "take a cut" of ADR surgery? That's just insane.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop