View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Texas Back Institute is an Assembly Line

I have to disagree with gene being a patient of TBI. They did none of the leg work during my appeal. They didn't raise one finger. I had to provide all the evidence, conservative treatment evidence, and please my case, which I just won last week. I have had to call2 or 3 times, send emails just to get a simple response from the office. The office claims to be under-staffed, but refuse to hire. Considering they quoted me a cash price of $42K you think they could afford another staff member or two.

I don't question the doctor's technical ability but do take issue with the way the office is run. I had to ask and demand a bone density and discogram. Those issues were ignored because TBI said it was a waste of time because BCBS would not approve ADR. Well, they were wrong.

While I like being in control of my own destiny, I would have appreciated some help from an office that has a wealth of knowledge with respect to medical topics and techniques.

In addition, I asked about the prodisc-O for lumbar and was answered with a ridiculous.. "I don't think its approved in the US."

Is that the best an ADR office has... "I don't think". I am pretty upset with TBI right now. However, if I were to switch, I would have to go through the appeal process again. It wasn't painful but it was very time consuming.

Hope this addresses your concern with TBI. It does little for your actual condition, but it is best to be informed with knowledge.....

Take care,
Jim
ADR insurance appeal won in 2013, delayed surgery
2016 pain is now affecting quality of life. Contemplating ADR surgery again.

2016 delayed surgery again due to successful pain management with meds.