View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:22 PM

Default Stenum - Nonprofit? ADR Abroad?

Quote:
Stenum, in my humble opinion... They are a nonprofit organization and travel to other countries to do ADR.
Mark
Mark

It's obvious from your several posts mentioning Stenum Hospital that you are satisfied with their services and that your outcome was successful (more or less). I say more or less because it appears from your signature that you may also have had a concurrent L5-S1 issue that was not diagnosed or addressed at the time of your surgery and a 3-level ADR might have been a better option at the time. That said, I congratulate you on getting your life back and getting into the air again! It must feel really great.

I visited the Stenum website (http://stenumhospital.com/) to investigate your statements, quoted above, but could find no evidence to support them. Would you kindly reference your source for that information?

Thanks!

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.