View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:48 AM

Unhappy

I don't recall having any spine issues prior to the original MVA in the 90"s. What i see in the Dr notes from the rhizo was a one level procedure @ L5/S1. My back pain is dull achy and always there. For the past 3 wks I have given my body a rest and haven't been active or working at all. Walking 30 - 45mins causes the leg pain to increase to a pain level of 8+. The back pain is dull achy and always there, but since I've been resting it's low, but increases with activity, and I'm not doing anything these days. I'm certainly not living. I'm very apprehensive about the ADR because I’m not certain that my leg pain is caused by DDD at L5/S1. I'm told leg pain is a symptom, but my pain does not travel down the back of my legs, it's the outer thigh portion, and my thigh muscles feel achy and sore. So, I'm not certain if I actually have enough nerve damage to notice relief from an ADR because it does not always handicap me, just sometimes. But those sometimes are excruciating. I recall when I had the sciatic pain the hovered over my buttock, that was a sharp, stabbing pain that would not allow me to sit for more than 1 hr-. This leg pain is different.

Also I see dialogue re: the Charite (sp?) vs Pro Disc; the keeled vs the cleated. How do I determine which is the best for me? My Dr is Dr Blumenthal @ TBI and I noticed a Board Member or Advisor with ADRS.org. I know there is a possible financial gain for TBI/Dr Blumenthal and Pro Disc's parent company. Dr B recommended the Pro Disc and never mentioned other options--Hmmm. Also, I see several great comments about Dr Zigler @ TBI, but I don't see any comments about Dr Blumenthal. Dr B appears to be very experienced based on my online research. Do you have any comments regarding his outcomes w/ Pro Disc L?

I'm exhausted and conflicted.
‘10 Lumbar pain retnd worse. DDD L5/S1, sm disc protru, annular tears, L4-5 mild facet,L5/S1-Injections min relief.
Dec 2011 Prodisc L/5 S/1 Dr. Blumenthal