View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hynes31 View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

I am new here and looking for information. I have been dealing with constant back pain for over 8 years. I am trying to find information regarding ADR and fusion combined. My L4-S1 are degenerating, the disc space between L5-S1 is basically gone at this point. I have had Dr's in my area offer either a multi-level fusion or to do a One level fusion with the possibility of having to undergo another surgery within 5 years.

I have been doing research, and searching for other Dr's who offer ADR- Which seems to be VERY hard to find in the Florida area. If anyone is around this area, or knows an amazing Surgeon who performs ADR combined with fusion PLEASE help!

I greatly appreciate responses, Thank you!

Tiffany
Hi there. I'm in the same boat as you. Where in FL are u? As far as ADR goes I'd only trust Dr Rolando Garcia Jr he works out of Aventura Hospital in Miami. He started doing ADR surgeries since 2000. First in FL and I believe the Southeastern US to do it. He also helped on the design of the Active-L disc. From my research his bedside manner isn't the best but he came highly recomended by a Dr who I have the upmost respect for. He flat out told me he'd trust his spine to Dr Garcia. With that said if traveling is an option I second what the others have stated.
-L5-S1 Broad-based posterior disc herniation/annular rupture superimposed on a circumferential disc bulge with impression on the anterior the cal sac and the lateral recess bilaterally compressing the descending nerve roots. Mild bilateral foraminal stenosis.
-L2-L3 1cm herniation and early DDD signs asymptomatic.