View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:21 AM

I don't have a sense for how aggressive platelet lysate is compared with dextrose only, morate, or PRP. I had about a dozen dextrose and dextrose/morate injections into my shoulder before the pain changed. A single PRP injection had as much effect on me.

Hopefully, they're not doing an epidural with the prolo. The anesthetic has been shown to break down tissue so it needs to be used sparingly when used in combination with a slow tissue growing technique like prolo. Often, a prolotherapist will use a little anesthetic mixed into the prolo mix, procaine, and a topical anesthetic to deaden the skin. I can't offer much about the pain of prolo, though. I've even had to cut a prolo session short and not treat areas because the pain got too much. Laura's never had to stop but has premedicated and demands a break mid-way through her sessions to let the pain die down a bit.

I'm really sorry about the bad communication with CO. We did everything we could do to pressure the Cayman folks, who mostly work for a separate company that licenses from Regenexx, to realize that the communication in CO is killing their business. I don't know and didn't want to know what they were going to do about it but they definitively knew that it was a concern for us.

Laura's knee swelled after each prolo session, regardless if it was dextrose, PRP, bone marrow stem cells, or morate. I actually travel with her because my knees don't need help so I get to carry all the heavy weight on the return trips, the BOB or beast of burden. Typically, she'll swell just from the prolo for about 2-3 weeks.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog