View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 AM

Unhappy Difficulties with Regenexx CO

Hi Jim & Laura,
I just read your post and am sincerely disappointed for you. I've also hit an impasse with my knee & back. Following 3 painful sets of knee & back injections with Regenexx-SD/PL/prolo, then cultured stem cell in the Caymans, and an additional set of SD/PL/prolo to my knee after the swelling and pain continued worse than ever (although not charged), I'm heartbroken. I was actually able to tolerate more with my knee after the 3rd injection set than I was after the cultured SC. They are blaming it on the L4/5 severe stenosis (which had minimal pain improvement) and referred me to another physician for the MILD procedure. It took some time to get in for the consult, and he advised another much bigger steroid injection with contrast under sedation to determine the stenosis' functionality before MILD is scheduled. I'm having that in 2 days. So ~20K out of pocket and 6 months later here I am. If the back is so crucial for success with the knee, why recommend the costly cultured stem cell in the Caymans x2 trips before it is effectively treated? Shouldn't an expensive supplement regimen & the nutritional approach be individualized upfront & discussed and not later as a by-the-way? I'm not a famous athlete, just a healthcare professional who was formerly very athletic & still not back to my sport.