View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 06:11 AM
Banned

I was injured on the job in CA. in '82. I disliked filing a WC claim, and further disliked all that I went thru with the whole thing tho I had a good lawyer, was tenacious (stuck it out) and jumped thru all the necessary hoops time after time.
You need to keep a good record of everything you do or say related to this case. While the lawyer is going to be immensely helpful, you can help yourself alot by keeping good records of any communication done with anyone in regard to your case/care.
Realize that the insurance company is going to try and "lose you" or create an unpleasant experience for you so that you will want to either throw up your hat in resignation and say forget it or settle for the first offer made monetarily.
Try to hang in there with stall tactics, not to lose your temper without being able to come thru it with some clarity and just hang in there.

I was fortunate, won my case, got future medical benefits, got grad school paid for (voc rehab expenses) and got a very small monetary sum tho I didn't care about that as much as the future medical benefits which are there for a lifetime).

So while it is really not easy to endure the WC system, hopefully this will all work out in your favor! Good luck!