View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstuckey View Post
You'd have to check with your insurance, but I would think that would be rare. My personal insurance says a precertification is for that surgeon and that procedure only. Any other doctor or procedure starts the process all over again. But there is no set standard. I think insurance companies can do what they want. I've seen posts by others that had their US insurance companies reimburse for oversees ADR surgery. THAT is good insurance, which I obviously don't have. Keep searching! Read the insurance warrior thread. It might give you ideas.
I bet I'm confusing things. I've heard of letters of medical necessity being different form the information used to precertify a procedure. I'm probably wrong in this case but I assumed that you were talking about getting a letter from a doc who has examined you and is stating that you need to have surgery then you'd get another pile of information to precertify you from the actual surgeon, who could be the person who did the first letter but doesn't have to be. You might want to check what the letter has to cover.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog