View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 08:40 AM

Default Dr. Bierstedt's findings - HELP PLEASE!

I just posted this morning about wanting a 2-level ADR (vs the 2-level fusion two surgeon's recommend), but now Dr. Bierstedt has taken a look at everything and I've just heard back from them. I am in shock at the moment.

FINDINGS: kyphotic alignment of the cervical spine, max at C3/4, severe DDD and herniations C3-C7, stenosis - mild signs of myelopathia

PROPOSED TREATMENT: Intraoperative decision on 4 level disc replacement C3-7 vs 3 level disc replacement vs 1 level rigid cage at C6/7

Surgical decompression of the spinal canal by total discectomy, removal of osteophytes and artificial disc replacement.

Please advise who you would suggest I get a 2nd opinion from - Dr. Clavel? The doctor in Texas that I've heard about on here (can't recall name right now)?

I'm so thrown right now, and to make matters even better, just learned that I will be leaving my job at the end of February to return to Texas. I need to get whatever surgery I need before my insurance (Aetna International) is cancelled within a few months. I'm hoping they cover surgery - but my goodness a 4-level? What chance do I have that would be approved?
Left vertebral artery medial loop at C4 body
Foot / hand numbness
Throat tightening and on/off lump sensation
Neck pain, upper back ache between shoulder blades
52 years on this planet (most of the time)