View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:40 AM

Yes Jeff shocking it was - had to close the email before reading it completely on my phone and wait until I got home.

I just spoke with Malte and I'm penciled in for 4 March. But I have a lot to do before then (contact insurance to see if there's any hope of coverage, speak with employer again, etc.).

I also want to get a second opinion from Dr. Clavel and Dr. Zigler - can someone provide a contact person / info rather than the website, or is that the best method for a speedy consult from both of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
Melissa,

What a shock that news must have been!

Dr Zigler has done many multilevel ProDisc's. One poster on this site, davidj8121, received a four level lumbar ProDisc-L from Dr Zigler (over two or three surgeries) and as of his last posting is still doing great. Perhaps Dr Zigler now uses the Mobi-C as it has been FDA approved for multilevel? If you do see Dr Zigler, he is conservative to a fault and may not want to do all four levels?

As you noted, good luck getting your insurance to pay. I don't recall anyone coming to this site receiving a state side Mobi-C.

Good luck, Jeff
Left vertebral artery medial loop at C4 body
Foot / hand numbness
Throat tightening and on/off lump sensation
Neck pain, upper back ache between shoulder blades
52 years on this planet (most of the time)