View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 05:48 PM

Default Logic under duress

Drew,

The experiance of or the lack thereof of an incidence does not make the argument true or false. Logic should prevail.

Many have had contradictory diagnosis by surgeons. For me fusion3 level or lamidisco 3 level. I took the second most conservative approach and 2 level L3-5 ADR. L5 S1 was gone and almost fused anyway. Sacral slope too steep for ADR. Pain free baby!

Now is when you need calmness of mind. You have done the conservative approach so I would think the only question in your mind would be do I RISK!! Regardless of one or the other surgeons unprovable response about subsistence or lack thereof do I risk the rest of my life with problems, if you can hold on for 6 months. In either case your bone density would be better for either surgery from or by any surgeon. Same goes for the slope thing. Im 6 moths out and I can see with how htings have adjusted and why the shear angle could be a problem. Remember you are the one that has to live with the outcome. You actually answered your own question as well above. Foundational. No leaning tower. Use logic albeit very difficult right now to do so.

There is a difference between wanting the pain to go away and needing to stop or eliminate any more nerve damage if that applies. Maybe ask yourself that question and you might come up with the answer.

Heck worst case, if you wait, you can use the time to get in the best shape possible so you bounce back quicker.

Lastly, none of the options presented are ever going to be optimal but rather the best estimate in fixing you. Logic dictates you add NO more to that unknown equation.
F
Cervical herniation symptoms 2011
C5-7 M6C by Dr Clavel on June 5 2013
L3-5 M6L by Dr. Clavel on 12.18.13
Living life instead of living the condition