Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 08:12 PM

Default Hello everyone

This is my first post. Best wishes and speedy recoveries to you all!!

My story is I had a Mountain Bike accident 6 months ago. From what I am told I need a two level C45 C56 disc replacement. The MRI and X-rays show I have Cervical instability, segmental kyphosis, spondylosis, degenerative disc disease.

I live on the east coast of the U.S. and initially I thought I would need to go overseas for disc replacement, which frankly was a little unnerving traveling for medical treatment outside my own country, although I know there are great places in Germany, Spain, Switzerland etc. Then I recently went to the Mobi-C website and called the contact number and was told a 2 level is being covered by most carriers. So I am currently filling out the forms for Texas Back and should have them in the mail on Monday. Thank you to this forum for info on Texas Back!

I currently have Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield (Omini Silver). This plan we pay for ourselves, and currently I have to choose to keep the same plan or switch to another by Dec 14th. I'll have to find out which plans are the best to cover this operation in case I need to change to something else, any information would be greatly appreciated.

That's it so far, I'm just currently looking for the best facilities in the U.S. for Disc replacement. I know the hospital for special surgery in New York is rated #1 in the nation for orthopedics. My mother had a hip replaced there and they are good, but I don't know if they are known for Cervical Disc replacements.

Thanks all and best wishes
Jeff