View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 03:23 PM

Default Philly Joe

Hi Philly Joe,

I'm sorry you are still have issues!

Healing from my surgery has been a complicated and long process although, Dr. Clavel's surgery did get me out of my house and my bed. I'll be forever grateful. My neck was collapsing on itself before the ADR surgery so, any movement could trigger absolute hell and anxiety. Since the surgery, I've had a ton of therapy and am fighting with my insurance company to get some more. Getting muscles to wake up and fire again after years or even months of not doing the work can be challenging. Dealing with fascia restrictions post surgery can also be challenging. However, if we develop new problems or nerve problems then sadly, sometimes surgery is our only option. I don't think that is my case anymore. At least not for now. I am convinced now more than ever that every patient is on their own unique path and that the surgeons can sometimes help and sometimes make is worse. Spines are really complicated! I would still go back to Dr. Clavel if I needed another spine surgery. I know I'm a complex case and there is not a surgeon in the U.S. I would trust with my neck. I'm also so grateful to all the therapists who have helped me since my surgery. No rest for the weary.

I'm three years post-op too now. If you want to chat, you know how to reach me. (I don't accept emails on this ADR site anymore.) Hope you and Cheryl get the answers you need in September. Take care and get well!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016