View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 AM

We don't know your condition precisely, so we couldn't recommend fusion over a motion control device like ADR. If your facet joints are bad, then receiving ADR will make them much worse as I have found out personally. However, if your spine is healthy and there are no other degenerating levels and you don't suffer from scoliosis or any other imbalance then ADR is for you.

It's almost better to just go through with the operation and get a laywer to file a greviance later. If you have a medical necessity and you don't receive treatment ASAP then you're degeneration will start moving up level by level.

I waited too long and now after the op it's moving up a level. Right now I am stuck with the $10,000 doctor bill, but the insurance did pay for most of the hospital bill.

Just an FYI, my doctor's office told me the op was covered and now insurance is telling me it's not. since my doctor's office has been negligent from the start, I'm going to have to believe my insurance company on this one.

I'm in for one hell of a greviance fight, just like everyone else here that can't afford this medical care. BTW I have blue shield of california and I pay $400/month plus deductables and co-pays. Probaably about $1000+/month and I get nothing out of it, but shrugged shoulders from doctors.

Prodisc St. Mary's 12/2006 not diagnosed properly pre-op and now have DDD L4/L5, facet calcification L5-S1/L4-L5, mild scoliosis and left knee pain. DDD: C3 through C6