View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Smile New Here - from Michigan

Hi everyone. I am actually doing research for my husband.. and while I'm glad to see so many people with helpful information - I am SO sad that so many people are going through similar situations.

My husband is almost 34. Long story short - He has degenerative disc disease. Discs L3-S1 are bad and need to go. They are not finding any pinched nerves and said the discs themselves are causing the pain. Surgeons have said he needs a multi level fusion.. only issue now is that in the past 5 years that he's been laid up and not able to function like most people. He has put on 100#.. and now they tell him he needs to lose that 100# in order for surgery to be possible. He is 6'3" and weights appros 340#. So now, he is trying to diet and weight loss pills - since exercise is obviously out of the question. They have suggested Bariatric surgery to lose the weight - but thats another huge risk - and I've heard lots of bad things about that too. I hate to have to go that route if there are more options than having to lose weight before a multi level fusion. I am now looking outside of Michigan and seeing what other options we have.

SO.. I am here to do some more research and read up on information.

Thanks in advance for any/all help.