View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 04:36 PM

Well,, It has been just over a year since I have been on here researching, talking with others etc. I maintained well for a while after starting to take Diclofenac, a strong antiinflammatory.. but now all the other associated pain I have both of my legs going numb for the last 2 months. It is even more obvious to me now that I have got to do something.

I have recently consulted with 3 surgeons and have a local fusion of l4-l5 surgery that takes place this coming tuesday.. if I stick with it. My local neurosurgeon is suggesting a fusion at l4/l5 and my doctor at Yale last week suggested a fusion at l4/l5. Yesterday I get a e-mail from Clavel via Yolanda that he thinks that an anterior fusion of l4/l5 with M6 adr at l3/l4 is quite possible. He has asked for my recent mri and xrays. I am going to upload this afternoon.

Looks like I need to decide if adr over with Clavel is what I should do or not. I feel that if I get just a fusion at l4/l5 that i may not get very far down the road before needing more work.

What do you all think... any recent experiences with Dr. Clavel or having hybrid fusion in the lumbar spine?

Thank for reading, Ken
-'04-07 picked up cycling training and racing frequency
-upgraded to Semi-Pro MTB in '07
-Got hit by car from behind while on training ride in '07... Herniated C5-C6
-Got Prodisc-C in '08 @C5-C6
-Back to Racing in '10-'11, Raced Elite/Pro classes...
-2012 Major issues lower lumbar from wreck in '04...
-Dealing S1-L3 DDD.
-Pain,Limited activities, loosing sleep