View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtM View Post
The cause of the DDD is unknown, I have never had any injuries or accidents, they only thing that I can think is that it is genetic (my dad has back problems as well) and up until a year or two ago I had a very physical labor job, so I think that has some to do with it as well.
As far as dealing with it, I haven't been found a pain management doctor that will take me, I have tried to get into so many that I just gave up. I did have one a few years back but he just wanted to keep doing steroid injections, and they weren't helping at all, every doctor I have seen refuses to write any scripts.
I would quite literally eat my hat if you don't have celiac disease. (Might have to make one out of kale just in case).

The vast bulk of us are here because of injuries. We are (IMO, wrongly) Dx'd with DDD. But that makes no sense since the other discs are just fine. It sounds like you have *true* DDD.

Logically speaking, even before I looked it up, of COURSE celiac would cause DDD. The spine, unable to absorb the nutrients it needs, when shocked, would rely heavily on the discs because the spine itself is in a weakened state. It can heal, given time, but the damage already done likely cannot be reversed.

40% of the population has the gene. The disease is genetic.

If you were here in CA, and walked into Stanford with your sympotms, I guarantee you the very first thing they would do it check you for celiac. A 25 year old with no major injuries should not have DDD. The only possible thing I can think of that could account for that is celiac disease.

I know I keep squawking about it, but statistically, one in five of us carries the gene. It is most often turned on my trauma and pain. The highest incidence of celiac is in Somalia, where one in 22 people has it.

Chances are there are way more people on here than me who have it.

Unfortunately, I find that changing their diet seems to be the last thing people want to do.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.