View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 06:47 PM

Default Intro, Freedom Disc trial candidate

Hi, I've been reading posts on this site for months and figured it was time to post. My pain started in Oct. 2008 but I didn't start to do anything about it until a year later.

I've tried every therapy (outside of steroid injections) to remedy the pain in my lumbar spine: I started off seeing an orthospinologist (waste of time) and moved into physical therapy (again, waste of time because I'm incredibly fit and used to be active), massage therapy (a godsend!), yoga, chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, and finally decompression therapy and pilates.

I'm scheduled to have surgery on Nov. 30 as part of the Freedom Disc clincial trial in Charlotte, NC. It's being done by Dr. Dom Coric of Carolina NeuroSurgery & Spine Associates. Since the study is randomized, if I don't get chosen to receive the Freedom Disc I'll receive the ProDisc instead. I'm looking forward to getting back to an active lifestyle.

klb
Mild disc degeneration L3-4, L4-5
pain began in 2008
Therapies include: Chiropractic adjustment, physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, decompression therapy