View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Don, you raise a good point. If anyone has the patience to read this topic from the very beginning, they may ask the same question. At least, I hope that this long topic makes people more curious about this phenomenon.

There are some researchers working specifically on identifying the connection(s) between intracellular bugs and disease. Quite a few, actually. They are located in diagnostic labs, universities and medical practices around the world. I’ll be interviewing a few of them later this year when I start the next film. BTW: The second interview I have scheduled is with a PhD researcher who has worked in dental research for decades. I'll be discussing various topics with him, like the one you posted about the RA-Periodontitis connection.

Here’s another “unusual” case of bugs contributing to a spine problem from the UK.
__________________________________________________ _______

J Med Microbiol. 2009 Jun 18.

Vertebral osteomyelitis and discitis due to Gardnerella vaginalis.
Graham S, Howes C, Dunsmuir R, Sandoe J.

Leeds General Infirmary.

Gardnerella vaginalis (G. vaginalis) is a facultatively anaerobic gram-variable pleomorphic rod which forms part of the normal vaginal flora. (Catlin, 1992) It is most commonly associated with infection of the genital tract in women, but recognition of extravaginal G. vaginalis infection is becoming more frequent. (Catlin, 1992) We describe an unusual case of G. vaginalis vertebral osteomyelitis and discitis in a 38-year-old woman with no apparent predisposing factors.

PMID: 19541786 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate