View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Hey there,

2 weeks post-op is still VERY early. Patience is a virtue when it comes to your recovery. I completely understand being active and having a hard time just sitting back and relaxing because of that. Not doing normal daily tasks drove me nuts.

It can be normal for some to still be hurting so soon post-op but the type of pain is often key. For example, in my own case my pre-op pain was hard to pinpoint - i.e. muscle vs nerve pain. Post-op, when the pressure and pain from the nerves was gone by removal of the faulty disk, I could begin to feel the difference between the muscles throwing a fit and something closer to my pre-op pain. Also, the incision area itself was bothersome for much longer than the initial two weeks post-op with part of that being the location of the incision... right at where waistband of my pants sat!

You'll need to provide a bit more info on your procedure for any of us to really focus in on possible reasons why or give advice on stuff to ask your docs. Just know that you're only at the very beginning. You've had a major surgery and two weeks isn't going to be enough to suddenly declare whether or not you've been healed or if it was a failure.

What level was replaced? Where were the incisions? What was the pain like pre-op compared to post-op? Were the types of pain different? Have you started physical therapy? Have you had any follow up sessions with your surgeon (my first one wasn't until 3 weeks post-op), ETC. There's also a guideline on here somewhere (or you can follow the pattern most of us have used) for putting in a signature with a history of what you've had done in your treatment path.

~Sara

- Did mild PT, some chiropractics and self regulated pain management since initial sports injury in Spring 1997.
- XRay and Bone Scan Jan/Feb 2007
- PT March to May 2007
- MRI Jan 2008
- Disco positive at L5/S1 Feb 2008
- ADR surgery at L5/S1 on June 23rd 2008 - Prodisc
- Recovery - so far so good!