View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 09:26 PM

Default I have had fusion

Hi Corna Gal, My first fusion didn't fuse, revision a year later, then adjacent level issue set in and another level and a third surgery later I still found myself in pain. Just over four year after my third surgery another level was going out. Dr. Clavel has improved my quality of life. I know I am better than if I had gone with the doctors here. Let it auto fuse = disability, fuse it = disability, or use the Bryan which mills too much bone, you cant go to another disc if needed later, and it wasn't covered by my insurance either because it was adjacent to a prior fusion and it would have been $70,000 out of pocket. I got a two level ADR with the best disc M6-c for only $32,000 I did the math! Most of us here do not support fusion unless last resort or in combo with hybrid surgery, and most of us here know that the Prodisc had too many complications. The mobi-c is better than the Prodisc but it's to fluid in design. the M6-C is more constrained. I pray for God to guide your decision. For me I would go to Dr. Clavel again.
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany