View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 11:29 PM

Default No please dump away

Sorry for doing a data dump on you but, I do hope it helps you to figure out what you want to do.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, it's all helpful. Wish my upload speeds were faster.

Like everyone I've spent alot of time considering the HO thing. The few publications I've found that addressed this topic didn't assign a great deal of consequence to it. One reported which devices were more likely to result in HO. One mentioned it as just another result potential representing a small percentage the sample. Then one reported it as a significant portion of the sample but noted its presence didn't usually produce clinical consequences. Some of the experiences described in the so forum Tell a much scarier story.

I'm curious about the use of nsaids the way you mentioned. It makes sense to do the nsaid-blast right after surgery but what then I wonder? Is the theory something like, the HO risk diminishes once the acute system shock of the surgery is in the rearview so we can ease up on the nsaids? Or is it a constant viable threat, every time we slip or misstep or have systemic inflammation from a cold or flu? Everytime we work late for several days to finish a project. Everytime we "sleep wrong?" Someone in another post mentioned that eventually the adr levels would fuse anyway... Huh???
May 2016 to present - Appealing. Summit the couch daily; trek to restroom/kitchen as necessary.