View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:02 AM

Hi all,

For my impingement and labral tear, my hip surgeon's name is Dr. Christopher Larson. He is the "go to" doc for this treatment, in this area. Prior gentleman was correct, there are not many doctors who can do the surgery, let alone get the right diagnosis quickly. My torn labrum was diagnosed by MRI with contrast. My activities at the time: dance lessons, skiing (where you do alot of skating....these Minnesota hills!), and a kitchen project I took on which required alot of squatting. My recovery was very long for this procedure, and I still have pain and very limited external rotation. However,recent MRI and x-ray of hip showed no arthritis, and a great looking hip. So if Adr doesn't address this pain, I will be one sorely depressed person. I did get concordant hip pain, a 10, from all three disc levels injected. Per my doc, labral tears are uncommon and usually diagnosed in very athletic people. One of the most characteristic symptoms for a labral tear is burning groin pain. I mean burning. Hope that's useful info. Cindy
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!