View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer78 View Post
Hey mike! Any news. I'm in new York also and have been in contact w clavel and beirstedt. Tough decisions to make. Has your physiatrist helped you at all? That's one thing I wanted to try. You also may want to look into dr zeegers I had a long phone talk with him for free great guy lots of experience. Stay strong!
Hello Boxer, I would have replied sooner but I am traveling and just saw you comments. I am seeing a physiatrist from HSS who has prescribed Gabapentin and physical therapy. The first session of PT made me feel worse for the rest of the day, but the Gabapentin seems to help a bit. Dr Clavel's office wrote back indicating that he would like to try a 2 level ADR, but if, during the the surgery, the ADR did not seem appropriate, he would do a fusion.

I am not really comfortable with the idea of finding out after the surgery what procedure was actually done on me. So I asked for some additional feedback. I read that some people have had Skype calls with Dr Clavel but they have not offered this to me yet.

I will Google the name of Dr Zeegers and see if I can find him. Thank you for the feedback. Mike
April 2011: 2 level laminotomy; L4/L4 & L5/S1
More PT, pain meds and injections.
...and 2014, still researching ADR.
February 2014: endoscopic foraminotomy, Dr Bitan

Last edited by MikeC; 02-16-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Spelling errors