View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 11:18 PM

Wink Relieved it's all over

Thank you for your kind comments, it just help to know you are not alone and able to share with others in the same situation.

Has my surgery Monday 18 July and am totally amazed so far. They had me walking a few hours, just around the bed with the physio and everything worked and no pain. In fact the 3 annulars I had (2 one hand 1 other) were more painful. Just had an ache in my back but tummy felt fine. Tuesday I was totally pain free. As soon as the ache starts coming I get more drugs. Nurses, doctors & physio have been amazing. Had 3 walks along corridors Tuesday and up/down 3 steps. Jaw got a bit shaky on 2nd one but think I was due more meds. Saw surgeon and apparently my old disc just crumbled when he was taking it out. Just fell apart so was easy. Bit tight getting new one in which is probably why it's achy all ligaments/muscles been stretched back. The senior nurse has said I could be a star patient 😇 If I keep up my progress, but maybe once the anaesthetic has totally left my system maybe a different experience. Plans were to go home Friday, but maybe earlier if I carry on as I have been. I've been feeling very supported and amazed by friends and family by amount of texts & visits which really helps. Times like this you realise who your true friends are.
So onwards & upwards, was feeling very stressed the week before and very nervous. Sorry for rambling but it's those meds 😁
2011-2015 - started running, x2 half marathons
2014 - started getting pains left leg into foot
2015 - diagnosed DDD L5S1
2016 - glute pain returned
07/18/16 - ADR L5/S1 M6