View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:29 AM

Default Just my .02

For future reference, nicotine is a vasoconstrictor. Therefore slowing the flow of blood to the healing areas. So, when the docs say quit smoking, they mean quit with nicotine too (in pretty much all forms).

The good news for those that do want to use the e-cig (or as I call it, personal vaporizer device) is that there are zero nicotine options as well. I quit the day after I received my approval letter from my insurance. I promised the universe that if it could pull off the miracle of getting a 2 level lumbar ADR approved then I'd certainly quit smoking to give healing its absolute best chance. I didn't come this far in the fight to shoot myself in the foot. ; )

However I am also a realist and having my little vaper has helped tremendously in being able to stick 100% to my promise (absolutely cigarette & nicotine free since the day after my approval letter) and to not go completely insane (my husband appreciates the insanity part most).
I choose the zero nicotine, 100% vegetable glycerin with organic flavor. I get mine locally and if anyone needs or wants info on this option, PM me & I can give you a few links that I used to help me figure out what would (and ultimately did) work.

April 1995: L4/L5 & L5/S1 rupture (no injury & still no known cause. I was 22yo)
1995-2013 A long, insane dance with a healthcare saga including doctors from hell & heaven with never ending pain.
July 2013: Insurance approval for a 2 level ADR!
Surgery Scheduled: August 23, 2013